From time to time we are approached by people who used to frequent the Bootlegzone Beatles and related forums, asking what’s happening and where their mates from the forum may be posting stuff these days.
What happened is that the site bootlegzone.com crashed and it’s creator tilleul started a process to repair and reprogram the site. Whether or not this includes the forums intact, tilleul haven’t disclosed. But it’s relatively easy to start a forum from scratch, to bring one back from the dead is trickier.
tilleul gave us an update November 21, 2020 on the site, but that was so far the last we heard from him.
Anyway, if you would like to continue the conversation that was going on in the “Beatlegs” sub forum of the Bootlegzone forums, there are a few alternatives. The Maccaspan forums used to be one of them, but unfortunately, they also closed shop a while ago.
But here are a few forums that are still open for business. Some of them may not have been posted in for a while, but once you register and start discussions, we hope they will start thriving again.
- The 910. This forum is managed by Doug Sulpy, who is a writer concentrating on Beatles bootlegs.
- DM’s Beatles forums. A part of DM’s Beatles site.
- The Beatle Forum. This forum has a sub forum called Beatle bootlegs.
- BeatleLinks Fab Forum also has a sub forum called Bootleg Network
- Beatles Bible Fab forum – The Beatles Bible is an endless source of information, so their forum members are well educated in all things Beatle.
Some of the people from bootlegzone also created a Beatles photo forum and a solo-Beatles photo forum. These have now merged into the Beatles & Solo Photos & Videos Forum. Check it out!
There may be other forums that we aren’t aware of, on the topic of Beatles bootlegs. Feel free to share links as a comment on this post. On the subject of Beatles bootlegs, there is a site dedicated to old vinyl bootlegs at Beatleg.online. New boots are on review over at the Collector’s Music Reviews.
Lastly, we hope that Bootlegzone will rise again. It has died many deaths in the past and we hope that this is just another of the temporary ones.