The 1998 Beatles pick-up CD player and radio
How about a piece of memorabilia from the late nineties? Back in 1998, licensed by Apple Corps Ltd as an official Beatles product, a portable Beatles pick-up CD player/Radio was manufactured. Made to look like an old style record player, it was a fully functional CD player and 2 band radio, with a built in arial. This was before Beatles.com and their affiliated officially sanctioned Beatles merchandise shops, so it was only advertised in the printed media. A limited edition of 1000 units is said to have been manufactured.
|Made to look like an old style record player.|
|The back photo of The Beatles lit up at the flick of a switch.|
It had two drawers with storage space for CDs, a VU meter and headphone outlet.
The portability meant it ran both on batteries as well as it could be plugged into the mains.
|As closed for carrying.|
It had a carrying handle with embossed Beatles logo.
|Instruction manual in many languages.|
- Full function CD-player
- Memories program/repeat
- 2 Band radio
- Light on/off switch
- 2x (1.2) (20) watt music power
- Radio/CD selector lights up radio dial scale or CD windows
- DC operated (8x D-batteries not included) or AC operated with detachable power cord
- Inside lid features lighted Beatles photo
- Integrated 2 Drawers for CD storage
- Carrying handle with embossed Beatles logo
- The lid opens with a full photo of the Beatles Band with a switch that turns 4 lights on and on that photo if desired.
These are now being sold used at ebay and other places, but at no fixed prices, as I don’t believe any current Beatles memorabilia price guide exists.