Red and blue remixes imminent?
The internet is rife with rumours stemming from a now deleted episode of Penn Jillette’s podcast on Apple Music.
Long story short: U.S. magicians Penn and Teller, known from television, put on a series of shows in London and Giles Martin was in the audience. After the show, Martin met Penn and invited him to come and see the studios at Abbey Road.
In Abbey Road, Giles treated Jillette to a playback of the upcoming final Beatles song he had been working on, with Paul McCartney. He also told him about upcoming Beatles releases.
Returning home, Jillette used the information in an episode of his podcast. Not being an expert of all things beatle, Jillette probably misremembered some of the information Martin had given him, but here’s some of it:
1. There is guitar from George recorded for “Anthology”.
2. Paul’s new vocals have the AI treatment to make him sound younger.
3. John, Paul and George harmony vocals from “Because” have been repurposed as backing vocals for “Now and Then”.
4. There are orchestral and horns overdubs.
5. Ringo didn’t want to drum on it initially but eventually came around to it.
6. The Red and Blue albums are being remixed.
Adressing these points:
1. Ringo has already confirmed that George plays rhythm guitar on the track. Of course, prior to him abandoning further work on the track and calling it “rubbish “.
2. We have our doubts, but he has been using autotune lately, so who knows?
3. A YouTuber previously did just that. Weird if they repeated that in the studio. Also, George and Paul already recorded harmony vocals back in the nineties.
4. Ringo also revealed that Paul and Giles came to Los Angeles to record strings for the track.
5. Maybe the initial approach was from Giles and was rejected by Ringo? Ringo himself said that it was Paul who asked him, to which he replied “Sure!”.
6. Not surprised, after all it’s a fiftieth anniversary thing. It’s Peter Jackson’s MAL software which has been employed to separate instruments and voices, which means we may now be treated to true stereo mixes of “Love Me Do” and “She Loves You”. Perhaps the new song will appear as a blue album bonus track? Alongside “Free As A Bird” and “Real Love”?
No release date given, but other rumours say September 29.