Set list from Cavern Club
|Today’s ticket to ride|
Paul McCartney Cavern Club, Liverpool July 26, 2018:
• Improvisation (Jam)
• Twenty Flight Rock (Eddie Cochran)
• Magical Mystery Tour (The Beatles)
• Jet (Wings)
• All My Loving (The Beatles)
• Letting Go (Wings)
• Come On To Me (from McCartney’s upcoming album, Egypt Station)
• Let Me Roll It (Wings)/ Foxy Lady (Jimi Hendrix)
• I’ve Got A Feeling (The Beatles)
• My Valentine (From McCartney’s 2012 album Kisses On The Bottom)
• Queenie Eye (From McCartney’s 2013 album NEW))
• 1985 (Wings)
• Lady Madonna (The Beatles)
• In Spite Of All The Danger (The Quarrymen)
• Things We Said Today (The Beatles)
• Confidante (from McCartney’s upcoming album, Egypt Station)
• Love Me Do (The Beatles)
• Who Cares (from McCartney’s upcoming album, Egypt Station)
• Birthday (The Beatles)
• I Wanna Be Your Man (The Beatles)
• Fuh You (from McCartney’s upcoming album, Egypt Station)
• Get Back (The Beatles)
• Ob La Di, Ob La Da (The Beatles)
• Band On The Run (Wings)
• Hi Hi Hi (Wings)
• I Saw Her Standing There (The Beatles)
• Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise) (The Beatles)
• Helter Skelter (The Beatles)
Only 200 tickets were available for free from the ticket office at the Echo Arena today for the concert at the Cavern Club, which started at 2pm. The tickets were announced a couple of hours before the event, and sold out in a flash. Lots of non-ticket-holding spectators gathered outside the club as the event was taking place inside. Paul McCartney greeted the crowd with: “Liverpool!” “Cavern!” “These are words that go together well!” and he was off.
The concert started with an improvised jam between the band members, before they erupted with Eddie Cochran’s “Twenty Flight Rock”, a song that holds a special place in Beatles history. Legend is, this is the song Paul impressed John with knowing all the chords and lyrics to, when the two of them met at the famous Woolton Village Fete in 1957. The song was interrupted by Paul telling people to put down their smartphones.
The tickets were individual, and people had to show ID, their name was printed on the ticket so they had to be there in person. There was also a wristband, and they had to show ID again upon entering to the club. These are good measures to ensure black marketeering doesn’t take place, something which has plagued the Ticketmaster UK sales for McCartney’s upcoming December concerts in his homeland. Apart from the 200 tickets that were available from Echo Arena, some nameless gust tickets were also issued – presumably to friends and family..
|Paul McCartney played a lunchtime session in the Cavern Club again – after all these years.|
Still can't believe he missed another opportunity to sing "Some Other Guy" at the (new) Cavern. It would have been great! Oh well, maybe when he's 83 and pushing another album…
Was this recorded/filmed for eventual release? The audio is sub par.
My friend got to see this gig. Accounts vary as to whether there were 110 or 130 tickets available to the public. The personally named tickets were taken off people at the door of the Cavern and replaced by an unnamed "souvenir" ticket. It was the hottest day of the year and absolutely sweltering down there he said.
Full show for audio upload somewhere I hope ?