Dark Horse Records now streaming
Dark Horse Records is George Harrison’s own record label, which he started in 1974. He signed several performers and groups to the label and released their albums and singles for a while in the seventies. Lately, Harrison’s son Dhani has revived the label, and new artists and releases have since appeared.
The seventies back catalogue has now been made available to streaming services, in remastered 2022 editions of the albums. Link here.
Here is a Spotify playlist, which seems to keep being added to.
From 1974 to 1978 the label released records from the following artists and groups:
- Ravi Shankar
- Attitudes, a Los Angeles band
- Splinter, a South Shields duo
- The Stairsteps, a Chicago soul vocal group
- R&B vocalist Keni Burke, a former member of the Stairsteps
- Henry McCullough, formerly guitarist with Joe Cocker and Wings
- Jiva, a California band