30 year old album not on CD
Concerts for the People of Kampuchea is a double album from Wings, The Who, Queen, Elvis Costello, The Pretenders, The Clash, The Specials, and many more artists of the highlights from the Concerts for the People of Kampuchea held at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, England to raise money for the victims of war-torn in Cambodia.
The album starts with four songs from The Who (culled from a 3-hour set list) and finishes with three songs from Wings and three from the all-star lineup called Rockestra. A rumoured Beatles reunion didn’t happen, of course.
01- Baba O’Riley (Townshend) – The Who 5:12
02- Sister Disco (Townshend) – The Who 5:16
03- Behind Blue Eyes (Townshend) – The Who 3:36
04- See Me, Feel Me (Townshend) – The Who 5:49
5 The Wait (Hynde, Fandon) – The Pretenders 3:28
6 Precious (Hynde) – The Pretenders 3:2393,
7 Tattooed Love Boys (Hynde) – The Pretenders 3:18
8 The Imposter (Costello – Elvis Costello & The Attractions 2:10
9 Crawling from the Wreckage (Parker) – Rockpile 3:02
10 Little Sister (Pomus, Sherman) – Rockpile With Robert Plant 3:33
11 Now I’m Here (May) – Queen 6:49
12 Armagideon Time (Bennett) – The Clash 4:15
13 Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick (Dury, Jankel) – Ian Dury and the Blockheads 4:30
14 Monkey Man (Hibbert) – The Specials 2:26
15 Got to Get You into My Life (Lennon & McCartney) – Paul McCartney & Wings 2:57
16 Every Night (McCartney) – Paul McCartney & Wings 4:17
17 Coming Up (McCartney) – Paul McCartney & Wings 4:08
18 Lucille (Collins, Penniman) – Rockestra 3:03
19 Let It Be (Lennon & McCartney) – Rockestra 4:12
20 Rockestra Theme (McCartney) – Rockestra 2:30
A Keefco film of concert highlights was also released as a TV special, “Rock For Kampuchea“.
On this occasion, “Rockestra” was assembled with these musicians:
* Piano: Paul McCartney
* Keyboards: Linda McCartney, Tony Ashton, Gary Brooker
* Guitars: Denny Laine, Laurence Juber, James Honeyman-Scott, Dave Edmunds, Billy Bremner, Pete Townshend, Robert Plant
* Bass: Paul McCartney, Bruce Thomas, Ronnie Lane, John Paul Jones
* Drums, Percussion: Steve Holley, Kenney Jones, Tony Carr, Morris Pert, Speedy Acquaye, John Bonham
* Horns: Howie Casey, Steve Howard, Thaddeus Richard, Tony Dorsey
* Vocals: Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, John Paul Jones, Ronnie Lane, Bruce Thomas, Robert Plant
The concerts were held in December 1979, but it took a year and a half to release the album and film. And forever to release the CD, apparently.